Tuesday, 11 June 2013

Minecraft Report


Mine craft
I believe Mine craft is a bad influence on the young generation of today. It has no learning or education that is relevant in the future except learning to left and right click on the computer.

Mine craft is a well-known game that is very popular on the app store. We have been using this tool in our class and Mrs Hyde is discovering if we can use it responsibly. People in our class have misused the privilege and now face consequences when we shouldn’t have even been playing the game in the first place. It has no learning outcome and I think it should have more rules and boundaries as we have too much freedom and we can’t sensibly use it.

On Mine craft you can build, create and demolish public designs as well as roam disguised over a virtual world. There are lots of options of what you can build with such as clay, stone, obsidian, bricks and wool. There are also options to get rid of the bricks and blow up a large mass of area, that’s when you use TNT. As much as it is useful it is an even bigger nuisance as things can go horribly wrong and blow up creations even if the bomber didn’t mean to.

In some schools Mine craft is part of the curriculum which I think is preposterous. Mine craft has no intentions to teach kids any useful skills and kids get addicted fast. I don’t think Mine craft is a learning tool of any sort but should be used an optional free time game before school or at home.
I have many questions to ask the guy who invented this popular game. How old were you when you began to design Mine craft? What were your intentions? Are you proud of your game?

I hope I have clearly stated my opinion and I think Mine craft should be discontinued in the school curriculum, even though I love to play Mine craft :).

Anais Mountfort
P4

No comments:

Post a Comment